An artists mid-career crisis
I often get told by successful artists that they do not know how to make their business better. Every artist that has worked over 10 years seems to encounter this period. The question is; can we avoid it and how to get out of it.
Encourage innovation. Change is our lifeblood, stagnation our death knell. - david Ogilvy
“Everything was easy” or “You are not feeling recognized for going above and beyond”
Recognize this feeling? Then I think it is high time to analyse yourself and your business
- Why do you fail to make progress: is it the way you manage your business and market your show?
- What marketing do you use? Who do you aim your publicity at?
- Do you work efficiently enough?
- Is your website up to date, modern and clear in communication?
- What message do you carry out?
- What is the market you work in? Did you pick a niche?
- Do you use the same agents all the time or did you try a new and different agent?
Getting out of your comfort zone applies to both your show and business. Sometimes it can be rewarding to hire someone to ask you the right questions or even pull you back on track.